TUNE IN. UNPLUG.
FRIDAY MAR. 3 | ALL DAY
Don’t feed your newsfeed.
Join Brooklyn Boulders, lululemon, Print All Over Me, Living Room Conversations, and Folk Rebellion for Reboot‘s National Day of Unplugging. Switch on airplane-mode and take part in a nation-wide movement to reconnect with ourselves and others IRL.
Instead of sending a text between climbs, clear your mind at one of the multiple meditation-stations and revitalize your senses with incenses, candles, singing bowls, drums and more. Our stereo will be unplugged, as will you.
- 7AM Sunrise Yoga and Breakfast
- 6PM BKB Temple – Meditation, Climbing + Ambience
- 7PM Visions + Goals Workshop (lululemon)
- 730PM Folk Rebellion Q+A
- 8PM Mindfulness Yoga
- 845PM Live music (unplugged, of course)
Register for $19
Already a member of Brooklyn Boulders Queensbridge? Register HERE for your FREE admission. The West Wing will be SILENT from 10AM – 10PM.
FIRST TIME? READ ME.
Get ready for an experience unlike any other; one that you can create. Choose to push yourself out of your comfort zone, challenge your beliefs of what is possible, or simply take in all of the art and cultural events our community has to offer and meet some incredible people. Or do it all. It’s up to you.
Here are some things to know before visiting BKB:
- Everyone entering our facility for the first time must sign our waiver and take a facility orientation.
- If you’re under 18 years old, you need a legal guardian present while you climb.
- Bring a lock if you wish to keep your belongings secure in our lockers.
- Climbing shoes must be worn on the walls and can be rented at the front desk.
- Wear comfortable, flexible clothing and socks.
- You must be 14 years or older to use our fitness equipment.
While the facility orientation covers basic risk management needed to use our facility, first-timers often choose to take our Sessions class. Taught by our American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) CWI-certified instructors, this course features coaching in a small-group setting. Meet new climbers, and receive expert advice on how to make tweaks and important corrections to your climbing technique.
DISCONNECT TO RECONNECT
Most people are on the world, not in it -- have no conscious sympathy or relationship to anything about them -- undiffused, separate, and rigidly alone like marbles of polished stone, touching but separate.
- John Muir
BROOKLYN BOULDERS QUEENSBRIDGE
23-10 41st Avenue Long Island City, New York
New York, 11101
PHONE & EMAIL
Train: Take the F to 21st St Queensbridge, or take the 7, N, or W trains to Queensboro Plaza. The G, E , M, and R trains are also available at Queens Plaza
Bus: Q69 / Q103