BROOKLYN BOULDERS SUMMER ADVENTURES
Brooklyn Boulders Adventures develop big-hearted, open-minded kids with a serious amount of determination. We will introduce your kids to climbing and help them set individual goals while integrating classroom-style learning in a climbing environment. Our themes for Summer 2017:
BKB Kids will emerge from this summer as thoughtful, kind, and mindful members of their communities, both at BKB and elsewhere.
By instilling the qualities of bravery, determination, and integrity, your children will be able to overcome any obstacles they might face.
We’ll teach your kids to be resourceful, healthy + strong through project-based learning and fun challenges.
All BKB Adventures are staffed at a 1:5 instructor-to-climber ratio and include two BKB Adventures t-shirts per child, plus snacks powered by Clif Kids. Programs run from 9 AM-3:30 PM, with Early Drop-Off available at 8:30 AM, and an Extended Day option that runs until 6 PM.
BKB KIDS: SUMMER PREVIEW 2017
MARCH 11 | 9AM – 1PM
*Complimentary Admission | Local Partners | Community for adults and kids
Join Brooklyn Boulders Gowanus and get ready to have the summer of your life! Engage with our creative team and local partners as we seek to change the game in education. Our Summer Preview event will showcase our new approach to curriculum design for summer 2017 utilizing the themes: Be Mindful, Get Gritty and Thrifty, Reinvented.
Come for a fun-filled day, featuring:
- STEAM activities in the party room, Powered by Roominate
- Yoga for adults & kids
- Mini Savage Games
- Climb with BKBeasts & Coaches
- Open Climb with a twist
- Circus Arts, Skateboarding, and Guitar, Bass & Drum Circles
Beyond climbing, our friends from Homage Brooklyn, Brooklyn Beanstalk, and Brooklyn Music Factory will also be hanging out all day to answer all of your questions about our partnership programs!
Registration is free & open to the public. RVSP today to enter our raffle and a chance to win prizes at the event!
Interested in making a whole day out of it? Stay and climb afterwards with a special Summer Open House Day Pass + Gear Rental, for just $22 with one of our Community Specialist! If you’ve climbed your heart out for the day you can purchase a Second Times The Charm voucher for a discounted return day pass + gear rental, for just $19 with one of our Community Specialist!
This event is for both adults & kids, so invite all of your friends!
If you have any questions please reach out to Kade, at email@example.com
*Shoe Rental Not Included
SUMMER ADVENTURE WEEKS
BEGIN JULY 3
BKB Adventures will keep your kid engaged all day long with a roster of climbing challenges, STEAM activities, team building exercises and more. Your child will gain empowering skills and fun memories that will last a lifetime.
BKB Kids Will Learn:
- Hands-On Problem Solving
- Spatial + Fine Motor Skills
- Ages 5 – 12
- 9AM – 3:30PM
- Early drop-off starts at 8:30AM
- Extended Day pick-up is at 6PM (Space Permitting)
- 1:5 staffing ratio allows every child to make a special connection to their instructor
- Sibling discounts available upon request
- July 3 – 7
- July 10 – 14
- July 17 – 21
- July 24 – 28
- July 31 – August 4
- August 7 – 11
- August 14 – 18
- August 21 – 25
- August 28 – Sept. 1
- Adventure Weeks: $659
- Adventure Weeks + Extend Day: $709
BKB X BEANSTALK
BKB x Beanstalk will teach your child to master new circus arts skills and challenges on our climbing walls. Children will work on the foundations of climbing and be introduced to a range of circus arts discipline while developing a sense of self-confidence, teamwork, self expression, physical fitness and fun.
BKB Kids Will Learn:
- Problem solving on the climbing wall
- Team building challenges and climbing games
- Gymnastic and acrobatic balance drills
- Juggling, spinning plates and balancing objects clinics
- Physical comedy and clowning tricks clinics
- Ages 5 – 12
- 9AM to 3:30PM
- Extended day available until 6PM (Space Permitting)
*Prior climbing or circus arts experience is not necessary
BKB X HOMAGE
BKB x Homage is one full week of skateboarding, climbing, adventures and more designed for kids ages 7 – 14 years.
BKB Kids Will Learn:
- High and low team building exercises
- A BKB x Homage partnership tee
- “Skatepark Etiquette” and “How To Fall” Clinics
- “Skateboard Assembly + Maintenance” Clinic
- Ages 7 -14
- Sibling Discounts Available
- Features outdoor recess at Thomas Greene Park
- Snacks powered by Clif Kids
- Gear Included
WARNING: CLIMBING MAY TEACH YOUR KIDS INVALUABLE LIFE SKILLS
ABOUT OUR TEAM
BKB Kids instructors are passionate educators who live by our core values. They are:
- Not afraid to get weird and see things from a kid’s perspective
- Dedicated to promoting teamwork and co-creation
- Relentless advocates for inclusion, ensuring that any child can make BKB their second home
- Artists, educators, and athletes who always make it beautiful
- Strong believers that attitude is everything, and believe in the value of failing gracefully
- Driven by a desire to inspire the next generation of climbers and awesome humans
Our youth programs are staffed at a 1:5 ratio, allowing for individual attention and mentorship. All BKB Kids staff are mandated reporters and CPR, AED, and First-Aid Certified.
If you have any questions about BKB Adventures please email brooklyn.kids@Brooklynboulders.com.