Coming to climb and finding out walls are closed sucks. We get it. So here’s handy map to get the lowdown on upcoming closures.
As most of you know, Camp BKB is in full swing for Earth Day. Not only do we have a sleepover in the facility but a vegan pizza party by Screamers and a performance by Small Black. It all kicks off with a cleanup of Rainey Park — skate out early from work on Friday and get your hands dirty for a good cause. Our friends at High Brew will be giving out free cold brew too. We’re very excited to have the following organizations come and share with our community the amazing work they do to keep our planet green:
- Keep it green and bike over to the event for free entry — email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up. Ride Brooklyn will be posted out front with free bike tune ups – pretty cool.
- Square Root Growers, started by Kimball Musk and operating out of Brooklyn, provides fresh organic vegetables and produce harvested out of shipping containers — pretty rad.
- Our friends up at the Mohonk Preserve will have one of their rangers doing a group exercise and he’ll be giving an awesome sleepover story — get your flashlights out for this one.
- The North Face will be here with their Clothes the Loop program — check it out here guys. It’s simple — bring in your old footwear and clothes to be recycled and get $10 gift card for new North Face gear on site — Win WIN.
- Please email me if you have any questions and come to our pre-party at The North Face store this Tuesday from 2 – 6PM with High Brew Cocktails and Ticket give-aways.
Meet Neal Mann – a longtime member of Brooklyn Boulders and journalist who hails from across the pond. We talk to him about the launch of his new climbing and lifestyle publication, The Project Magazine.
An open letter to our entire BKB community – from New York to Boston to Chicago and for every single human being who walks into our doors.
BKB Somerville member Kate Sedrowski writes about the nomadic life, and what caused her to find a reason to stay put.
Check out the seventh and eighth cartoons in Connie Sun’s series for our Artist Residency program – “Climber Crushes” and “Practical Climber Valentine’s”.
Our teams have been busy and hard at work building and infusing our passions into Brooklyn Boulders. We’re excited to take the time to create a dialogue with our community and our members about our vision for the future, as well as thoroughly address all of the recent and upcoming changes.
You may have seen our latest 3D art installation “StratusQuo” at Brooklyn Boulders Queensbridge. Meet the team of artists behind the project, Anner More and Franklin Rojas.
You’ve likely seen these kid crushers around Brooklyn – fearlessly climbing hard and trying even harder.
Meet a few of our competitive youth team members, the BKBeasts. They’re soon headed to Divisionals – check out our mini-profiles on their climbing hopes and dreams in ten years and what helped them get to Divisionals.
Challenge yourself. Commit to a month of upping your fitness game and save:
- Train 2x Week (8 Sessions) – 15% OFF
- Train 3x Week (12 Sessions) – 20% OFF
- Train Unlimited (16 Sessions Minimum) – 30% OFF
Limited to the first twenty humans per location.
At the end of the challenge, the daring can test themselves at our team-based Savage Games competition. And for those who complete all of the sessions they’ve committed to, a bonus reward awaits…