We saw grit. We saw gumption. And we even saw a broken nose. But all this aside, it became evident the BKB community has grown to standards and expectations that shouldn’t, and can’t, be capped.
As most of you know, Camp BKB is in full swing for Earth Day. Not only do we have a sleepover in the facility but a vegan pizza party by Screamers and a performance by Small Black. It all kicks off with a cleanup of Rainey Park — skate out early from work on Friday and get your hands dirty for a good cause. Our friends at High Brew will be giving out free cold brew too. We’re very excited to have the following organizations come and share with our community the amazing work they do to keep our planet green:
- Keep it green and bike over to the event for free entry — email email@example.com to sign up. Ride Brooklyn will be posted out front with free bike tune ups – pretty cool.
- Square Root Growers, started by Kimball Musk and operating out of Brooklyn, provides fresh organic vegetables and produce harvested out of shipping containers — pretty rad.
- Our friends up at the Mohonk Preserve will have one of their rangers doing a group exercise and he’ll be giving an awesome sleepover story — get your flashlights out for this one.
- The North Face will be here with their Clothes the Loop program — check it out here guys. It’s simple — bring in your old footwear and clothes to be recycled and get $10 gift card for new North Face gear on site — Win WIN.
- Please email me if you have any questions and come to our pre-party at The North Face store this Tuesday from 2 – 6PM with High Brew Cocktails and Ticket give-aways.
Bring your friends to BKB for FREE from November 21-23.
We’re honoring our veterans on November 11 with free climbing and belay.
Friday July 1: Brooklyn Boulders will be closed for a staff appreciation event.
Celebrate International Yoga Day on Tuesday, June 21 with an outdoor sunset-lit yoga session from 6-9 p.m. at Thomas Greene Park in Gowanus, Brooklyn.
We’re featuring a sweet 10 pack punch pass deal through April 25th! Get it while it’s hot.
Luke Livesey, head coach for our BKBeasts team, is also an instructor here at Brooklyn Boulders! Learn more about what inspires him and what he can do to help you achieve your personal climbing and fitness goals.